Top 5 Picnic Spots Near Cape Cod
What could be better on a beautiful spring afternoon or a warm summer day than gathering with friends or family on a large blanket and enjoying a picnic together? Especially if that picnic is taking place in scenic, serene Cape Cod where there are plenty of beachside or wooded areas to pick from. Cape Cod is known for its natural beauty and has served as a backdrop for many romantic scenes, picturesque family gatherings, and solitary strolls along its charming streets, and there’s no better place in the country for a perfect picnic. Our top 5 Cape Cod picnic spots include the following:
- The Boardwalk in Sandwich – The Boardwalk at Town Neck Beach in Sandwich is an iconic stop in Cape Cod where people love to gather to enjoy a picnic right on the beach and swim in the water while they’re at it. If you’re planning a visit to Cape Cod, The Boardwalk is an absolute must, and be sure to take plenty of pictures while you’re at it.
- Cape Cod Canal – A great spot for a Cape Cod picnic includes unbeatable views, and in Cape Cod, that means views of nearby boats as they make their way across the water. Cape Cod Canal offers picnic spots right next to the bridges where you can eat on a local picnic bench, take a stroll along the waterfront, walk over the bridge, while enjoying the surrounding water views, or go for a bike ride. It’s a great place to spend the afternoon.
- Pilgrim Spring/Small Swamp Trail – With plenty of places to picnic and incredible views, this unique section located on the Outer Cape in Truro is a great stop for families. Pack a lunch and some outdoor games to play or just enjoy walking the nearby trails.
- Braille Trail – Located in Dennis, this covered picnic area has plenty of tables and is surrounded by beautiful fields for playing outdoor games, taking pictures, flying a kite, or simply lying on a blanket and reading. The nearby Marguerite Ickis playground is close by for kids who are looking to play.
- Fort Hill – Providing some of the most scenic views in all of Cape Cod, Fort Hill also has a beautiful gazebo which overlooks the nearby beach and marshland. This picnic spot is perfect for pictures and a peaceful place to spend a few hours.
Contact us today for more information on Cape Cod picnic spots!