Area Info for Chamber and other info
If you are looking for the best that New England has to offer, Cape Cod is certainly on the list of must-see destinations. This seaside area is located at the southernmost tip of the state of Massachusetts. Although this area is often simply referred to as Cape Cod, it is actually comprised of 15 different townships and two islands, each with a unique culture.
For those looking to enjoy the beauty of the Atlantic Coast, Cape Cod is world-famous for their sandy beaches. These beaches often feature the iconic New England lighthouses, and the area’s perfect summer weather is ideal for activities such as hiking, fishing, and kayaking. If you are more of a history buff, Cape Cod is at the center of the beginnings of American colonial history, with each town having its own special place in the early narrative of our country.
History at Your Fingertips
The history of the United States began when the pilgrims traveled on the Mayflower from England and landed in Massachusetts. What many people do not realize is that before settling in Plymouth, the pilgrims actually landed first in Cape Cod. If you enjoy learning about early American settlers and soaking in the surrounding history, Cape Cod is a great vacation spot.
In Provincetown, you can see the exact spot where the pilgrims landed and climb to the top of the monument. If you like more of a museum experience, the Heritage Museums and Gardens in Sandwich are a fun stop. Nearly every town in the area has a historical museum or home of some sort to explore and each has a rich history, and the early settlers in the area make Cape Cod a great destination for those that love antiques!
Although the early American history is fascinating, many people get swept up in the natural beauty of Cape Cod. The soft sandy beaches and warm summer weather make Cape Cod a great area to enjoy a day in the water. If you like to get in touch with nature, the Cape Cod National Seashore has a gorgeous self-guided nature walk that lets you explore and informs you about the surrounding scenery. If you prefer wildlife to plants, there are several wildlife sanctuaries in the area, as well as whale watching tours! No matter what you choose to do during your vacation in Cape Cod, you are sure to have a great time!
Why not tour the Cape in a Fun, Cool Jeep? We love Cape Cod Jeep Rentals. They make it very easy and convenient for you. Cape Cod Jeep Rentals
Top 30 “Must Do” While Your on The Cape!
- Visit one of the many beaches Cape Cod Beach Guide
- Go on a Whale Watch- The Dolphin Fleet of Provincetown. 800-826-9300 Whalewatch.com
- Take a chartered sport fishing adventure. Coastline Sport Fishing. 508-945-4971 Coastline Sport Fishing
- Rent a bike or walk the Cape Cod Rail Trail. It expands from Dennis to Wellfleet. Brewster Cycle: 508-896 8149 Brewster Bike
- Spend a day at the Spa. The Spa at Chatham Bars Inn. 508-945-6737 Chatham Bars Inn Spa Le Petite Day Spa 508-237-8783 or Get a Nice Massage with Knead a Massage 508-737-0498
- Take an airplane tour and see Cape Cod from the sky or try sky diving. Cape Aerial Tours @ the Chatham Municipal Airport. 508-945-2363 Chatham Aerial Tours
- Take a day trip to Nantucket. Freedom Cruise Line Inc. Harwich Port. 508-432-8999 Nantucket Ferry
- Take a drive down 6A and experience antique stores, gift shops, and the overall colonial charm of the scenic highway. Scenic Cape Cod Drives
- Visit the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History. 508-896-3867 Cape Cod Natural Museum of History
- Do a self guided nature walk at the Cape Cod National Seashore. Cape Cod Nature Walks
- Climb to the top of the Pilgrim Monument & visit the museum in Provincetown. 508-487-1310 Pilgrim Monument and Ptown
- Take the Monomoy Island Ferry for a day of exploration off the coast of Chatham: Monomoy Island Ferry
- Visit the Monomoy Wildlife Refuge in Chatham Cape Cod Wild Life
- Visit the Wellfleet Wildlife Sanctuary to discover the true nature of Cape Cod. Educational for both children and adults. 508-349-2615 Mass Audubon
- Go see a movie at the Wellfleet Drive-In. 508-349-7176. Wellfleet Drive In
- Go see a movie at the theater in Chatham. 508-945-0874 Chatham OrpheumTheatre
- Take a free tour of the Truro Winery. 508-487-6200. Truro Vineyards
- Visit the Chatham Fish Pier in the afternoon and watch the fishermen unload their daily catch! Chatham Fish Pier
- Climb an indoor rock wall, visit an “indoor playworld” and swim in salt system indoor pool at Willy’s Gym in Eastham. 508-255-6371 Willies Gym
- Go to a Chatham Band Concert. It’s FREE!! They take place every Friday night during the summer at 8pm. Located in Kate Gould Park on Main Street across from The Squire. (you can put a blanket down anytime in the afternoon to reserve your spot on the lawn!) Chatham Town Band
- Feel like shopping? Check out the Cape Cod Mall in Hyannis. Cape Cod Mall
- Take a tour of the Cape Cod Beer Factory. 508-790-4200 Cape Cape Cod Beer Tour
- Take a tour of the Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory. 888-881-2447 Cape Cod Chips Tour
- Check out Bass River Sports World to play mini-golf, use the arcade, drive go-karts, and use the batting cages. 508-398-6070 Mini Golf and Go Karts
- Go jump on the trampolines on 28 in Harwichport. 508-432-8717.
- Go drive bumper boats in Harwichport. 508-430-1155 Cape Cod Bumper Boats
- Feel like golfing? There are many public golf courses to play at! Cape Cod Golf Courses
- Go Clamming Clamming on Cape Cod
- Take a Lobster Cruise and eat a lobster roll 508-385-1686 Cape Cod Lobster Cruise
- Take in a Cape Cod Baseball League game Cape Cod Baseball
For more information about Cape Cod, dining, recreation and more, visit these local Chamber of Commerce websites: